We have received permission to go ahead with Mass outdoors. Because of the rainy forecast through Tuesday evening and because we haven’t had a chance to test the setup under live conditions, we are not able to begin offering Mass outdoors until
Tuesday morning Wednesday morning. It is important to keep the celebration of Mass dignified, and we aren’t confident we can make that happen in time for Sunday. It’s also TBD what we will do on other rainy days.
Here are key points to know:
- Mass will be celebrated outside at Historic St. Patrick. The altar will be in front of (or in, if weather makes it necessary) the garage. The Mass times will remain as they are on our current quarantine schedule.
- Communion will be distributed after Mass as we are doing currently.
- Please note that restrooms will NOT be available.
- Please turn off the engine in your car.
- It is very important that you remain in your cars during Mass (this being one of the conditions under which we are allowed to proceed).
- You will be able to follow the livestream if your phone allows you to do that, but be aware that there is a substantial lag (about five seconds) before what’s happening in front of you comes through your phone. You will also have the option of tuning your FM radio to 102.1, which should have no delay.
- If you are using your phone, please use your phone data and not the parish Wi-fi. Using the Wi-fi will put an unpredictable stress on the system we use for streaming.
- Larger vehicles (trucks, vans, SUVs, etc.) please park toward the back so that you do not block the view of those in smaller cars.
Stay tuned for more details.